I’ll be taking a few days off work this week to relax and just be with my family – gotta love fall break. This whole foot surgery has been more exhausting than any of us had imagined.
We need time to just be us and focus on the little things in life again. I’ve made a mental list of some of the things I want to do with the kids next week:
1. Drik hot chocolate with lots and lots of cream and marshmallows – this would do too
2. Put on some warm clothes and take a walk in the forrest with my family – including the little four legged cutie
3. Play with chestnuts
4. Watch a movie and make chocolate/peanutbutter popcorn
5. Read in bed – and listen to my little one read out loud. I’m still reading (and enjoying) A Little Life.
It’s been quiet in here for some time partly due to my foot surgery. It’s nothing major, but it had me in bed for almost a week. I’m slowly walking around our home now – one step at a time. On top of it, I’m trying to chase away a cold, but it’s not working yet. I cannot wait to go outside later today. It’s a test walk – because I have to get up and go to work tomorrow – and I need to see if I can walk around in shoes.
I’ve been dreaming about fall, cozy nights with hot chocolate, lots and lots of books, blankets and lit candles all around our home. I just bought Kubus 4 – the cool grey one – and I’ve been enjoying it very much. It’s such a pretty color. I posted the above picture on Instagram yesterday, because I was going mad. I really wanted to go outside. If you want to get inspired by this lovely season, check out my new board Fall moments on Pinterest.
So we bought a dog (his name is Arthur, and he’s the cutest little thing), my husband left for Rio for ten days, my little guy turned 7 years old, the kids returned to school, I returned to work, soccer practice began, I turned 37 years old, to went to Mallorca for a week, we returned to school and work again and before I knew it, months pass by…
Welcome back to everyday life.
To say that August and September have been kind of busy would be an understatement. But here I am, still breathing and very much alive.
We’ve been moving some things around, in order for Arthur not to eat or destroy them. It made me look at our home in a whole new light, and some of the things I thought I couldn’t live without, well now that they’re gone, well I kind of love it.
I’m ready for fall (so why is it still very hot outside?) – and I’m ready for some changes around our home. It’s time to get cozy inside, get out all the blankets and candle holders (not that they’ve been that far away – it has been a shitty summer in Denmark this year).
Cool kitchen blackboard
I was reading this post on decor8 a while back, and I saved, because I really loved the family home. The beautiful home belongs to Mariët van der Kooij, who blogs at Miss Jettle.
I’m craving so many things from her kitchen. But what I like the most is the blackboard. I’ve always wanted something like that. I love the small quotes and the drawings on this one. It’s so cozy and filled with personality.
Image: Via decor8
My girl turned 10 years old in January. Back then she decided that she wanted a summer party in our garden instead of a birthday party during the cold winter.
I was perfectly fine with that solution (truth be told, I’m more than okay with that solution), and these days we’re planning the party, printing out stuff and deciding on what food to make. It’s a fun mother-daughter activity.
Here’s a selection of the things she wanted to buy at Urban Outfitters for the party.
1. Swan Pool Float
2. Pineapple Ice Cube Tray
3. Corn on the Cob Skewer set
4. Pineapple To-Go Sipper Cup
5. Watermelon Beach Ball
6. Flamingo Ice Cube tray
7. Watermelon Sipper Cup
8. Flamingo Watering Can
9. Cactus light
For more inspiration check out my pinterest board Party Moments. I’ll share some ideas about the food in another post.
I’ve been keeping this list for quite some time now, because I wanted to share some of it here on the blog. I’m not having a bad day today, but I’m trying to be more focused on things to do, when you feel like it’s going to be a bad day. Stay more positive and find the best in everything.
1. Waking up to a clean kitchen.
2. Laughing so hard that you almost (or do) pee yourself.
3. Listening to your favorite new song over and over again.
4. Rereading your favorite book.
5. Wearing a new outfit for the first time and feeling really good about yourself.
6. Listening to thunder when you’re under the covers.
7. When you’re the perfect amount of drunk with your friends.
8. Accomplishing something after wanting it and going after it for a very long time.
9. Getting a good seat on your commute home from work, or driving home with no traffic.
10. Returning home while someone’s in the middle of cooking a delicious meal.
11. Going out to dinner with people who you have truly genuine and enjoyable conversations with.
12. Getting inside right before it starts pouring rain.
13. Putting on flannel pajamas after a long day.
14. When someone reminds you that, no matter what, you’re never alone.
I’ve picked out some of my favourite ones above. For more read the rest of the 50 Of The Happiest Feelings To Remember On A Bad Day.
Image: I’m pretty sure I found it on Mija if not please let me know
The kids have been at soccer camp all week, and my husband and I are still busy with work. Two weeks to go before I can sit back and enjoy my summer holiday with the rest of the family.
But I’m planning to rearrange a few things in our home before that. Last weekend we ended up buying the Ikea bed for my daughter, which I mentioned in this post. She’s crazy about it. Last night we watched The Karate Kid (her for the first time – and me reliving one of favourite childhood movies) in her bed. We both slept in it last night, which was really cozy. The bedding from Sirlig, which I mentioned in the last post as well is on sale right now, and I just clicked two home for the family. My daughter has been talking about it for ages, so I hope I’ll get an OMG out of her when she sees it.
We still need to decide on prints in her room. I’m not into a whole wall filled with Christopher posters, so we’ll need to find a middleway. I’ve been collecting a few free prints on Pinterest, and then we’ll find a few together.
All three prints are free. Find the Throw kindness around like confetti here, the Everything is awesome print here and the moon phase print here.